Saturday 27 April 2013

African Bat Stamp

Last 2001 (I'm so irritated I don't know the exact date), the post office of South Africa released 10 bats stamps featuring endemic bats of Africa. Unfortunately for me (which happens almost every time) got only 1 out of the 10 stamps. But I'm still glad I got a mint one.

You can find more bats stamps here:


The stamps that I have portraits a cape horseshoe bat. According to my google 'research', these little things can be found along the coastlines of Southern Africa. They live in caves near the coasts. It is endemic in South Africa. It has been called a horseshoe bat because of the marking around its nose similar to a horseshoe.

I feel so smart when I wrote this blog. lol.

If you have wonderful stamps, covers, and FDCs you wanted to share on this blog just let us know through our Facebook page so we can have a look.

Addio! See you on my next post!