Tuesday 20 January 2015

Canada-Israel 60 years of friendship

I was looking for random Canadian postage stamps and I stumbled on this one which I think is a very simple yet powerful image. This stamp was issue on April 14, 2010.


I think that there is so much in common on both Canada and Israel's prominent national symbols (Maple leaf for Canada and The Star of David). Both symbols can be found on the 2 countries' flags.

“Through illustration, we were able to communicate the rich topic of diplomacy between two nations,” explains designer Karen Henricks of the Toronto-based firm, q30 design. “Complex topics like this can be challenging to summarize in one small design. We worked with illustrator Yarek Waszul, whose simple yet conceptual style lends itself perfectly to this topic and the medium.”

Do you have this extra used stamp for trade/swap? Let me know!

Reference: http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/collecting/stamps/2010/2010_Canada_Israel.jsf