Wednesday 28 November 2012

Stamps in Postcards

So yeah there's definitely no doubt about it, stamp and postcard collectors always get along well. I collect stamps and at the same time postcards too. And most of my postcards came from other collectors who also find interest in stamps. Maybe because you cant have a good card without good stamps on it?

I find it quite fascinating to see those nice stamps at the back of the card. The message, handwriting, and postmark makes it look so real and unique.  Just like a used stamp, there's so much story and history behind a postcard which adds more value to it. This is the reason why I dont remove the stamps from the cards. I'm even planning to put the cards in a wall frame. Or perhaps in a double-sided picture frame so I can display the stamps behind it too? Is there even such thing as a double-sided frame? (LOL me)

So okey I have here some of my favorite cards in my collection. They are my favorite because the stamps are amazing and everything that comes with it. The first 2 are from my Estonian friend Karin. We've met you know (in facebook). Hello Karin!
This Belguim postcard has 5 stamps on it though most cards have only at most 3 to give more space for the message. The upper right stamp is a dragon costume used by Chinese for their dragon dance. I bet its a joint issue.
This is my one and only postcard from Korea. Anybody here from Korea? Coz I want more. :P The stamp at the center is a 1999 FIFA World Cup stamp.
This one is a very neat Slovenija / Slovenia postcard. I also got it from a facebook friend. These 4 stamps were designed by Julija Zornik and was issued on Jan. 1, 2007.
I thought this blog is going to be all about stamps only so I didn't include the front covers! (LOL me again). Let me know if you want to see them so I can post them. :) Well, these are all for now. I'm looking forward of posting more fun reads about stamps next time. Please feel free to leave a comment below. Happy Stamping!


 *All stamp images are owned by Christian Martin Siclot. 


These are good reads too: Hobby: Stamp Collecting and Insect Stamps.